** Amended to continue through April 30, 2020.
The LKNC School Board and I met this afternoon and agreed that moving the school to an online platform will be the best course of action for the time period of March 18 - April 3rd. Following is our plan:
- Tomorrow, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17, will be teacher workdays in order to implement our online platform. STUDENTS SHOULD REPORT at any time between 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to pick up books and materials for use during our online platform. LKNC will ONLY be open for students to drop in and pick up materials. Please DO NOT drop students off for classes.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18, students will continue their current courses of study using directions from teachers that will arrive via email on Tuesday, March 17.
- Tomorrow, March 16, you will receive emails from your student's teachers regarding how to interact with the online platform including getting assignments, viewing lessons, submitting assignments, and asking questions regarding lessons for each teacher's particular classes.
- Specific directions for completing and submitting work will arrive via email to you using the email addresses we have on file. If you need to update email addresses, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Questions regarding technology throughout the online platform should be directed to me. Lesson specific questions should be directed to individual teachers through email. If necessary, in order to facilitate learning and answer specific lesson related questions, teachers will respond with a time that they can call and talk to the student regarding their specific question. Please refrain from calling teachers; email and allow for a scheduled time if a discussion is needed.
- All afterschool activities and events are currently postponed and will be re-evaluated at a later date.
- Juniors scheduled to take the SAT will be receiving a separate email from Mrs. Claunch that will give specific details regarding the test.
I am certain that many questions remain to be answered; we will be releasing more information in the very near future as teachers and I finalize plans. We are aware that there will be many kinks that cannot possibly be anticipated now that will arise and need to be worked out. The staff of LKNC and I are grateful for the opportunity to participate with you in the best, not necessarily the most convenient method of continuing the excellence in education that Lake Norman Christian has provided and will continue to provide. We covenant with you to make this as smooth and effective of a temporary transition that we can. It will require cooperation as well as sacrifice from us all as we go forward, but, through Christlike love for one another, we are ready to meet that challenge and look forward to partnering with you. May God bless our efforts as we do what's right, do our best, and let Him take care of the rest.
As He Leads,