As an educational environment concerned with the development of the whole child, Lake Norman Christian School seeks to learn about the spiritual, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development of each applicant. We look for evidence of good character, intellectual ability, emotional maturity, curiosity, and breadth of interests. Students are not required to be professing Christians in order to attend. The Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each candidate on the basis of previous academic records, recommendations, and a student shadow day.
General Eligibility Standards
(Extenuating circumstances may be considered.)
1. A desire to learn in a Christian environment.
2. Current C- average or higher with no failing grades in any subject.
3. Good conduct record.
4. Ability to succeed without 'special education' resources.
5. Tuition payments are and remain current
We welcome your interest in Lake Norman Christian School and look forward to meeting you. The best way to get to know us is to be our guest on a tour of our campus. We prefer to provide our tours personally, one-on-one, to allow you and your family ample opportunity to get to know us. During your tour, you will have the opportunity to observe classes, speak with administrators, understand the academic and behavioral standards of the school, and assess the compatibility of your needs with what the school offers. Our Admissions Director, Mrs. Michelle Redmond, can be reached by calling at 704-987-9811 or through email to schedule your tour. Alternatively, you may click here to request more information. You can read more about our admission process here.
Initial Records Submission
Please provide report cards, discipline records, and transcripts for both the current year and previous year, preferably before the student shadow day. This does not need to be formally sent by the student’s current school.
Parent and Student Interview
There will be an interview with both parents and the student with a member of the Admissions Committee. This interview may take place on the tour day or be scheduled subsequently. The interview, which lasts approximately 30-45 minutes, any questions and concerns on the part of either LKNC or the interested party will be discussed. If the student is not present, then a follow-up meeting will be scheduled for the student interview which may take place before, on, or after the student shadow day.
Student Shadow Day
A student shadow day is scheduled for the applicant to experience Lake Norman Christian School. The applicant will spend the day interacting with students in his/her grade level while our teachers have an opportunity to assess the student’s level of achievement in reading, writing, and math. Grades K-5 are required to spend a half day in class (8:00 – 11:00). Grades 6-12 are encouraged to spend a full day in class (8:00 – 3:00).
Student Application, School Records, and Recommendation
- Submit an application along with a $400.00 non-refundable fee.
- Provide previous school transcripts.
- Provide results of Standardized Testing and Placement Testing and complete any testing that may be required by LKNC.
- Kindergarten: Pre-School Teacher Evaluation Form
- Grades 6-12: Applicant Questionnaire Form
- Agreement with the Student and Parent Handbook
- Access online application here
If conduct records are not available, please provide the following references for Grades 1-12.
- Grades 1-5: Elementary Teacher Recommendation and Character Reference Forms
- Grades 6-12: Math Teacher Recommendation, English Teacher Recommendation and Character Reference Forms
- Home School (9th-12th): Character Reference Form.
- Access online application here
When making the final decision regarding an applicant, the Admissions Committee carefully evaluates each candidate on the basis of admissions tests (if required), previous academic records, recommendations, and the student shadow day. If necessary, a follow-up meeting may be scheduled to discuss admission testing results (if applicable), grade and behavior records, and administrator and teacher observations from the student shadow day. You will be given an informal (though binding) decision of acceptance by email, which will be followed up by a formal, written acceptance letter through the mail.
College Admissions (2016-2019)
- Anderson University
- Appalachian State University
- Asbury College
- Auburn University
- Belmont Abbey College
- Belmont University
- Campbell University
- Carolina School of Broadcasting
- Catawba College
- Central Piedmont Community College
- Champlain College
- Clemson University
- College of Charleston
- East Carolina University
- East Tennessee State University
- Eckerd College
- Elon University
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Emerson College
- Emory University
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Full Sail University
- Furman University
- Gardner-Webb University
- George Mason University
- Grand Canyon University
- Hamilton College
- Hampshire College
- High Point University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lancaster Bible College
- Lees McRae College
- Liberty University
- Mars Hill
- Mercer University
- Messiah College
- Mitchell College
- Montreat College
- North Carolina State
- Norwich University
- Oberlin College
- Queens University
- Radford University
- Regent University
- Roanoke College
- Rollins College
- Samford University
- Stetson University
- The King's College
- University of Colorado - Pueblo
- University of Denver
- University of North Carolina - Asheville
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of South Carolina
- University of Tennessee
- Virginia Tech
- Warren Wilson College
- Wingate University
- Wofford College
* Denotes attendance by an LKNC graduate
Scholarships Awarded to Senior Class of 2019 = $1,592,096